Tuesday 11 January 2011

Little Things.


You know that saying about great things that come in small packages? 

It's true. Although, in terms of "small" I don't know if Roman can be considered that. He is the biggest baby so far in the history of my family, born at 10lbs, 1 and a half ounces.

Still, while he's a small package now, he's great. 


He copies everything I do. If I cough, he starts to cough. If I yawn, he yawns. If I stick my tongue out, he does the same. I think you're starting to get the picture here (and you can literally see the picture above.)

I still think he's great even when it's 2/3/4/5/whatever am and he's awake - yep, since October he's been getting up in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning and I have reached the conclusion that teeth are causing his restfulness. I've also been in denial of his wakening, putting it down to a sleep regression or a cold...but now I've got to accept the facts: he wakes up at inappropriate times of the night and morning. 

I got so used to the fact he sleeps right through from 7pm until 8 or 9am in the morning. I got so used to that stretch of time that was mine again. As selfish or as bad as you think that sounds (and I don't, just normal) it's also very true. It was nice having the evening for "the adults" again. 

But now it more or less looks like this (nine times out of ten):


I promise we're not hippies.

I know these intermissions won't last forever and I know this time won't last forever, so I'm enjoying each wakeful moment I can. Meanwhile chewing on the inside of my lip.

He's pretty good at night, just gets a change then is back to bed. Also, there have been the odd nights where he does sleep through...I just wish things in life worked out consistently, but that's not how it goes apparently.

Having a baby around is the biggest and nicest shock I've had in my life.

Some more photos I took yesterday (just for the cute overload): 

He's laughing. At what I don't know.



I just loveee the backs of babies heads - very kissable!


Thanks for stopping by...tell me what you think of this entry at the bottom of the page!


And spare a comment so I can put happy faces onto these sad faces.