Saturday 16 June 2012

Love.


We attended a wedding this morning in Falkirk, where we lived for nearly two years in our little flat. Where I tried to make friends, to fit in, and felt like an outsider for the first time in my life. I don't how 'well' I coped with it, to be honest. It was hard for me because everything was new for me and I really hope my mood and my feelings didn't rub off on Roman in a bad way. 

To mix the past and present like we did today was odd - time has moved on, it's changed us all and yet it feels like it has stood still. I think everyone we spoke to commented on how much Roman has grown. "He's so big now," they'd say. "He's grown so much." He has. He really has. There was a time I had this baby who'd crawl everywhere and now he's this toddler-boy who gets into everything, who is just so different to that baby I once had. 

While he has indeed grown he still needs the comfort of his fathers arms when he is on the bus and tired out after a busy day. He still needed me throughout the wedding ceremony - which was beautiful. I love weddings and I love love - to cuddle into. He still needs us, he always will, even when he has found the love of his life.