Sunday 17 June 2012

Fathers Day.


This is Roman's '1,2,3, JUMP!'

So today was Fathers Day. Bryan let me sleep in, got me breakfast - and brought it to me - and he got up with Roman. He then helped me get me get my stuff together and more than once encouraged me to get my rear out the door. 

I had an idea of what I'd like to get him, but I never ended up doing that. Roman is too young to understand the concept of Fathers Day but I've always tried to include him in it. Instead of any material gift Roman gave Bryan the 'gift' of a cuddling in session on the walk home to church. Our little boy was exhausted, didn't want to walk and so Bryan lifted him up, with Roman's chin resting on Bryan's shoulder and my flowery bag slung over his other shoulder. This is manhood at it's finest; a man who can do all of these things comfortably. 

And this wild boy of mine will one day become a man - it fills me with such joy and reassurance that Bryan is his dad, to show him how it's done ;).