Sunday 16 September 2012

Nurturing.


When I was a wee girl I loved my dolls. I couldn't have a child and not share that same joy that a baby doll gives you, and there's the no-getting-away from fact that Roman loves babies. He loves to watch birth videos with me, he'll run from the next room if he hears a baby crying on TV and when there are babies around him, he's ever so loving and gentle with them. He reminds me of Bryan, who is infinitely better at handling and dealing with babies than I am. I have my strong points but poo in a nappy makes me weak at the knees, even almost two and a half years into motherhood.

Roman loves his baby. Before bed he kisses it goodbye and tucks it ever so carefully into 'bed' (in his toy box) and when he wakes up in the morning it's the first thing he asks for. Once he has his baby he'll gather it up in his arms, covering it with kisses and feeding it 'juica' (juice.)