Saturday 19 May 2012

A Space To Read.


139/366

I wanted to create an extra special and comfy space for Roman to read books, play and create. I followed examples of Waldorf and Montessori classrooms and how other parents had set things up for their children using these approaches. 

In Roman's room I have put everything at his level, created a 'sofa' by putting a soft blanket over a box, padding the back with a cushion for back support and comfort and I have moved his child size chair into his room. Just yesterday as I was setting everything up he spent an hour with me - an hour just sitting on his 'comfy' couch, colouring in his books and reading. The boy who struggles to sit for 5 minutes interrupted sat for an hour while I set this all up ;).

Well, I finished the mini living space today and while it's not perfect I'm pretty sure Roman has given it his seal of approval and still enjoys his reading area - he chose the 'comfy' over his shrunk down seat. 

If you'd like to see more then please click 'Read More.'

The whole view of the 'home corner' in his room.
'The comfy,' a little phone and phone table, some of his artwork and the 'window.'
Every living room needs a rug and a magazine rack (box.)
If you're wondering what this is: it's a 'window.' I tried to make it look like the view outside of Roman's room - with a flower and cake 'cooling' on the window ledge ;). That bit of material is the 'curtain.' 
The view from his window.

I hope you enjoyed our little room tour :).